We hope that you’re enjoying the holiday season surrounded by those closest to you.
Good news the Diaper Drive has been rescheduled to Fri., 1/11/19. As you all know originally our Diaper Drive was scheduled for 12/7 but we had to reschedule due to the severe flash flooding threat that evening. We decided to reschedule to January due to the busy holiday season.
On behalf of our Host Committee we’re really excited to invite you to our 6th Annual Mega Holiday Happy Hour 4 the Community Diaper Drive! Last year we collected 55,228 Diapers for the Houston Area Women's Center (HAWC) & this year Our Goal is to Collect 57,000 DIAPERS all donated to the HAWC.
Last year we also gave away over $4,000 in Raffle Prizes (combined value) to help encourage Diaper Donations, have a little fun & mainly just a small way to say THANK YOU for being a part of our collective efforts to GIVE BACK TO OUR COMMUNITY. You’ll receive 1 raffle ticket per 20 Diapers donated & you place your tickets in whichever prize you’re interested in. You do NOT need to be present to win.
While it’s always fun to get together amongst friends/new friends we figure it’s even better when we can also Give Back To OUR Community. As always feel free to invite others, THE MORE THE MERRIER. We hope to see you ALL on 1/11!
RSVP – 2 Options – Please RSVP so that we can plan accordingly
1. FB Invite
2. Via email to [email protected]
• 6th Annual Event & we’re expecting over 150 people to attend.
• Goal To Collect 57,000 Diapers 4 the Houston Area Women’s Center. 1 FREE Raffle Ticket for every 20 Diapers Donated.
• Last year we gave away over $4,000 (combined value) in Raffle prizes (combined value). Raffle prizes will be posted & updated on the FB event page.
57,000 DIAPERS / HOUSTON AREA WOMEN’S CENTER – WHY DIAPERS?
They are in URGENT need of diapers sizes 3-6 as you’d expect many of the women they serve have infants. The HOUSTON AREA WOMEN’S CENTER helps individuals affected by domestic & sexual violence in their efforts to move their lives forward. They provide shelter, counseling & advocacy to support them in building lives free from the effects of violence. To learn more visit their website at: hawc.org/
HOW CAN I HELP? REGARDLESS IF YOU CAN ATTEND OR NOT.
1. Invite others spread the word, the more the merrier. Use the FB Invite and/or email invite to invite others. Also PLEASE RSVP SO THAT WE CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
2. Set up a diaper collection through your employer/organizations or with family/friends.
3. Donate diapers even if you can’t attend PLUS you’ll have a chance to win some GREAT PRIZES. You can donate either before/after the event. We’ll post several DROPOFF options before/after the event.
Please contact me via FB, phone 832.443.3318 or [email protected]
THANK YOU – HOST COMMITTEE
Thank you to our Host Committee who is helping with this event & spreading the word to others that are interested in not only having fun but also interested in Giving Back To OUR Community.
2018 HOLIDAY HAPPY HOUR HOST COMMITTEE
Alma Rosa Winkel
Bertha Rubidia Villatoro
Claudia Esthela Reyna
Janet Z Spain
Juvie Cruz Cardenas
Lena C Ballew
Maria Fernanda Giraldo-Champion
Martina Pocket Giampetraglia
Paula Ximena Correa Londoño
Steven Fernando Corrales
Tanya Reed Bell